DeAnn Teixeira received her Bachelor of Science degree in Sports Nutrition. She entered the fitness industry as a nutritionist and personal trainer in 1998, earned her personal training certification with NSCA, and is educated as a wellness coach by WellCoaches. She founded and instructs many successful programs around the Bay Area. Her company, Kamp Fitness, hosts the very successful weight-loss program, The Shape-Up Challenge. DeAnn was featured on The View From The Bay and proudly holds the titles of Oakley Women Ambassador, PEAR Sport Advocate, and Lululemon Ambassador 2008. She has been building a successful business with Wellness International Network since 2007.
DeAnn's fitness philosophy is "What you put into your workout, you will get out of it". Work hard, play hard, and rest hard make this ambassador thrive. As a mom, DeAnn passes on her love of living an active lifestyle and eating healthfully to her son. Her clients consider her a tough trainer/instructor but everyone keeps coming back for more.
You can follow DeAnn on these sites:
You Tube: www.youtube.com/kampfitness
Facebook Page: Kamp Fitness
Instagram: kampfitnessRead More
8-oz of cooked chicken breast strips, 1 can (8-oz) drained & chopped bamboo shoots, 1 can (8-oz) drained & chopped water chestnuts, 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro, 3 Tb dry sherry, 2 Tb hoisin sauce, 2 Tb teriyaki sauce, and 1 Tb. honey.
Spoon mixture into 8 lettuce leaves.
Servings: 8, Calories: 80, Protein: 9g, Carbohydrates: 7g, Fat: 1g
Written by DeAnn Teixeira, Oakley Women Ambassador & Kamp FitnessRead More
It can't be avoided forever. You have worked hard and deserve to relax on a beach somewhere, or get out of town with your family, or even eat good food at a fancy restaurant in a fun city. We put so much on hold to keep our fitness and wellness goals alive. We sacrifice time with friends, flavor, and fun so not to gain any extra pounds or miss a training run. Suffer no more and......book that ticket. Below is a foolproof plan to lose yourself on vacation AND not lose those goals.
- Up And At 'Em- Waking up early to get in your workout before a day of sightseeing is key. If you know you'll be walking for hours around NYC, then focus on strength training. Gain Fitness is a great iPhone app that you can enter how much time you have and what kind of equipment that's available to you.
- Nickel And Dime Your Day- Just like enough coins will add up to a dollar. Collecting enough ways to burn calories on vacation can keep your weightloss goals adding up to big change. Heading up 3 floors or less in a building? Take the stairs. Taking a tour of the sights? Try it on bikes. Been sitting a lot in the car? Opt to stand or take a short stroll while waiting for the dinner reservation.
- Food Still Has Calorie On Vacation- We are all guilty of going a little crazy when we getaway. All of the yummy, forbidden desserts and the cool and refreshing cocktails by the pool have us making a deal with ourselves to go on a diet when we get back to the "real world". Avoid negotiations and decide to allow yourself an indulgence a day. Typically a tropical cocktail or off limits dessert is 500-600 calories. Each day plan to cut back on your other meals by 100 calories each or exercise an extra 30-50 minutes each day, and you'll come out even.
Now you have a gameplan. You deserve to getaway and not worry about all that hard work being thrown to the wayside. Pack your bags and remember to include your goals, they DON'T take a vacation. Enjoy!Read More
We all love a light, vitamin/mineral filled recipe....and this won't disappoint. Bringing together lots of yummy ingredients and colors will guarantee you are doing good for your body and that you'll love every bite. Try this recipe I found in "30-Minute Dinners" by Better Homes & Gardens. Tell me how it went!
1 large sweet potato, peeled & quartered (~1lb)
1 Tb vegetable oil
1 11-oz can Southwestern-style corn with black beans & peppers, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 Tb chipotle salsa
1 medium avocado, peeled, seeded & sliced
Fresh cliantro leaves
1) Chop cooked & cooled sweet potato 2)In large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook sweet potato for 3 minutes or until browned and crisp-tender. Add corn to skillet. Cook 3 minutes more, until potatoes tender. 3)Meanwhile, prepare sauce, in small bowl stir together yogurt & chipotle salsa. 4)To serve, divide sweet potato mixture among 4 plates. Top with avocado slcies & serve with sauce. If desired, top with fresh cilantro & sprinkle with chili powder. Serves 4. Calories per serving: 240Read More
We are faced with many important decisions in life; naming our child, whether to move for a job, - and right along those lines… which gym to join. Sure it may sound trivial to some, but this choice could make the difference between the fabulous body you’ve been daydreaming about, or turning into that couch potato you have nightmares of. Luckily, there are guidelines to help you make your mind up, and go from frazzled, to fit.
- Location, location, location. Do you want it to be closer to home or work? Where your gym is is going to determine how convenient it is to get to, in turn, how often you’ll go.
- Does it have the equipment, services, and room you need? Classes, programs, trainers, and enough space to workout are “make it or break it” features in choosing the right gym for you.
- Is the atmosphere going to motivate you? You may need a Zen-like, keep to your inner-self studio, OR a music pumped, hard-body filled club to keep you showing up.
Though the search for the right gym may at times feel agonizing, starting with these recommendations will set you on your way to from night fright to dreamy.
DeAnn Teixeira, Oakley Women Ambassador, Kamp FitnessRead More
Meet Jules! You would think by looking at her that she's always had this athletic body, that she must have grown-up loving to workout hard, and has forever eaten healthfuly. It's not true. Jules came to me 25+ pounds heavier and couldn't run a mile without stopping. She had been living a life of high fat and processed foods and wasn't exercising at all. When Jules began my training program she was leary of the fit and lean ladies in my boot camp class, but didn't shy away and kept focusing on her desire for success. I'd love to tell you that in no time she lost weight and loved a new lifestyle of eating clean and working hard in the gym, but that's not how it happened. It took several years of hard work, falling off track and getting back on, bouts of time away from the gym, and moments eating whatever she wanted until it finally clicked. Her insatiable quest to learn everything she can about what's best to eat, how to cook clean and nutritious meals, and ways to challenge her body with new exercises has earned her a physique that makes women half her age jealous.
My company Kamp Fitness began the Shape Up Challenge weight-loss and lifestyle changing program in 2008, and much of the 12-weeks are based on how I trained Jules. I realized that getting people to lose body fat was not as simple as giving them a meal plan and workout program, it needed to include coaching on changes in lifestyle and mental mindset. Thanks to the success Jules has had keeping the weight off for over 3 years now, I have another great success story......and an even better workout buddy.
Below, Jules looks great in her Oakley Women Continuity Top
By DeAnn Teixeira, Oakley Women Ambassador & Kamp FitnessRead More
I'm a trainer and a nutritionist, and you might be surprised to know that when I was just cooking for myself I would focus solely on getting a lean protein, high fiber carbohydrate and healthy fat on my plate. I didn’t take into consideration whether these foods complemented each other or whether it was visually appealing. Back then thinking like a nutritionist may have kept me healthy and fed as a single person, but now that I feed a family those meals will be scoffed at. I’ve realized that when I use a recipe veggies are eaten without complaint and my loved-ones feel taken care of. Trick is to find those that have great flavor, healthy ingredients and don’t take a lot of time or steps. The recipes that I include in my blog do just that. Below is a super tasty chicken recipe that falls right into the requirements for the Kamp Fitness' Shape Up Challenge detox (no wheat, no dairy, no sugar). Give it a try, your family will do backflips.
Grilled Chicken With Tamari-Lime Sauce
1/4 cup tamari sauce
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1 small onion, sliced
1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
Whisk first 5 ingredients to blend in 8 x 8 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Add chicken and onion. Cover and let marinate at room temperature 1 hour or refrigerate up to 3 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Remove chicken from marinade. Strain marinade into medium saucepan; add broth. Boil until sauce coats spoon, about 14 minutes.
Meanwhile, lightly coat chicken with vegetable oil spray. Grill or broil until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to platter. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
DeAnn Teixeira, Oakley Woman Ambassador
Using the TRX isn't just to strengthen your core, these nylon straps are an excellent tool for your stretching program. Perform the Long Torso Stretch as seen below and hold the lower position for 20-30 seconds, then face the opposite direction and repeat hold.
This stretch is terrific for lengthening the muscles in the arms, shoulders, upper and lower back, IT Band and hips. Add this on to your routine and feel the benefits. Enjoy!Read More
It's not uncommon for world champ boxers to visit and train at Undisputed Boxing Gym in San Carlos, CA. The owner, Brian Schwartz is a former World Kickboxing Champ and has continued to train high level competition fighters over the last decade. UBG is not only for boxers though, its group exercise classes are sweat producing workouts that have drawn over 100 people at a time.
This past Fall, I joined the team of trainers at UBG to bring some cross training classes to this group of kickboxing fanatics. The combinations of cardio intervals and suspension training has been a perfect fit for this Bay Area gym.
As the world knows, our SF Forty-Niners went to the Super Bowl. The energy and fever that the Bay exuded was like no other. My whole class helped me to support the team by taking a fan photo that was posted on the TRX Training Facebook page, with me infront proudly wearing Frank Gore's #21 jersey. Though our Niners didn't come home with the trophy, we all felt so proud. Little did I know, it wasn't the last I'd see of #21. Last week Gore walked in to UBG to do some off-season training and stepped right into my weight training class. Oh wow! He has been back repeatedly to work up a sweat and I can't be more motivated to get this class working hard. Yea!
Stay tuned, I'm on the lookout for more celebrity athletes!Read More